CREATE SAFE PLACES
EVERY CHILD HAS THE RIGHT TO BE SAFE
DigitalSpec Foundation is working to combat violence, abuse and neglect. Our goal is to keep children everywhere safe. We care for the refugee, migrant, those that live in institutions or alternative care, and those who feel unsafe in their own communities and homes.
We know it’s a big goal, but it’s also a big problem.
Girls and boys in every country of the world face abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence.
- Every 5 minutes a child dies as a result of violence.
- Up to 1.5 billion children experience violence annually.
- Over 1 billion children live in countries or territories affected by armed conflict.
- 33 million children are on the move
- 3 out of 4 children experience violent discipline at home.
- 1 in 5 adolescent girls, ages 15-19, are currently married.
- 85 million children are involved in harmful work.
To protect children, we work with governments, international organizations, and local community partners to implement progressive laws and policies, change detrimental social and cultural practices, and improve the capacity of communities to protect children.
An important part of child protection work is the participation and leadership of the children themselves. We actively support child clubs and other child-led activities that empower and educate children to keep themselves safe and defend their rights.
WHAT WE DO
- Listen to and work with boys and girls to improve their lives and safety
- Work with schools to make them safe and free of violence
- Protect children during emergencies
- Operate Child Friendly Spaces where boys and girls can socialize, play and receive psychosocial support to help them cope during emergencies
- Reunify separated and unaccompanied children with their families in emergencies
- Provide training to social workers to enable them to provide supportive care to families and children
- Advocate for more effective national protection policies and child welfare reform within strengthened child protection systems
- Develop public awareness campaigns to stop child abuse and exploitation
- Address social norms that perpetuate violence against children by engaging through constructive dialogue with boys and girls, parents and community leaders